- Your village was overrun by savage monsters of some kind.
- One of your parents was an adventurer, and you follow in their footsteps.
- You were raised by a species different from their own.
- You grew up on the streets, without parents.
- You have committed a crime, and are on the run from the law.
- You are related to a royal family, and may be a minor noble.
- You served a soldier, but left the army for some reason.
- You were taught at a prestigious school of some kind.
- You used to be a hero of legend, but level draining has reduced to you a novice once more.
- You pursued the ways of another class before settling into your current skills.
- You are an escaped inmate from a prison or asylum.
- You used to sail the high seas as a privateer.
- You grew up in the wilderness, far away from any civilization.
- You have no memory of your past, you woke up here with the clothes on your back and your current equipment.
- You serve a church, guild, or other powerful organization.
- You secretly worship a deity that is frowned upon by society.
- You believe that you are the rightful heir to the throne.
- Though you possess special skills, at your heart you are but a simple peasant.
- You are not native to this plane/world, you came here under strange circumstances.
- Many believe that you are a martyr who died for your cause, but you actually faked your death.
- You are an explorer from another continent/country.
- You used to be a hireling for another party, before they were horrifically slain.
- Before you lost favor with the local monarch, you had served in the royal court.
- You are a merchant, and your goal on your adventures is to acquire interesting trinkets and items to sell for a profit.
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Character Background Generator
Roll a d24 and consult the following chart to determine something interesting that happened in your character's past. If you do not possess a d24, simply roll a d12 and flip a coin. If the coin lands heads, add 12 to the roll.