I've been fiddling around with my OD&D based house rules; Adventuring in Distressingly Hazardous Dungeons, and I think they're ready to be shared in an updated form.
- I've added a simple (and optional) background system to help flesh out characters.
- I've changed the spell system, quite frankly I thought the spell point based method was a bit too involved and complex for my tastes. Now, spells are similar to those presented in Empire of the Petal Throne, with a limited number of uses per day depending on the spell. However, these spells in ADHD are also completely level-less, with exceptionally powerful spells having certain restrictions to avoid being overpowered. This does mean a level 1 Prophet can cast Resurrection though.
- I've removed most of the playable species except for the core four of Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Halfling, since frankly I wasn't very pleased with how the others turned out, they might be added back later, but maybe not.
- I've changed the level progression system and also added many optional rules for other level progression systems.
- I reworked the referee's section to be much smaller and simpler, though as always it can be ignored for the referee's own personal preferences.
If you'd like to check it out, the link is down below! Thank you for reading!